Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

You might say this recipe is revered by some as delicious. I get requests to make it A LOT during the winter. I always oblige because it is about the easiest thing to make EVER!!!!! What you will need

8 oz cream cheese
2 large chicken breast
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 tsp of chili powder or to taste if you like it spicier
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1 tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp onion powder
1tbsp celery salt
Any kind of broth. I like ham but any broth from your pantry will do. 

Directions:
1. In your crockpot put the two chicken breast. You can put them in frozen if you dont have time to thaw them.
2. Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken. You don't need to soften it or anything. Just put the block on the chicken. 
3. Add your canned ingredients (corn, black beans, rotel)
4. Add your dry ingredients. Ranch packet and spices. Really just season it to your taste but definitely add the ranch packet. Cook on low for several hours stirring occasionally. 
5. Now for the broth. I wait until the stuff starts to cook down a little and stir and couple of times. Then I add about 1 cup of broth of your choosing. I let this cook down and then if I think it needs a little more liquid I add a little more. 
6. I ALWAYS double this recipe. A double recipe will fill a crockpot depending on the size of your crockpot. 
Enjoy this one l because it is soooooooo simple and delicious!! Next time I make it I will take a picture so you can see it in all its glory and scrumptiousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment