Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Homemade Baby Wipes

Once again Pinterest has struck again. I wanted to make my own baby wipes so I went straight to Pinterest. You can visit the blog I found it on here. I searched and searched for the perfect container and came up short. One day it dawned on me when I was making coffee and the canister was almost empty. THIS would be the perfect container. So what you will need is:
A nifty container. I used a plastic folders can. 
Roll if Bounty paper towels
1 cup water (I used distilled)
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
1 tbsp baby wash (I used Earth Mama chamomile) 

Mix together the water, coconut oil and baby wash. Once you have cut your paper towels in half, pull out the cardboard roll. Then find the end piece and pull up. I got my husband to cut an X on the lid of the Foldgers can. Pour the water in the can. Pull paper towel through the X. Then Voila! You have baby wipes! 

UPDATE

So I used the whole can of wipes I made. Here is what I think. They were just ok. The paper towels were pretty rough and they were difficult to pull out towards the end of the roll. So what I have done now is cut up some flannel blankets I have and don't use anymore. I cut them into squares and put them in my wipe warmer then poured the water in on top. They are working perfectly. I love how soft they are on Leila's skin and I just throw them into my dry bin where I put her cloth diapers. Its working out perfect so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment