Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gripe Water

I love Gripe water for Leila! It's great for an upset tummy and gets rid of hiccups. The downside is it is about 10-12$ for a 4oz bottle. Booo! So Pinterest to the rescue. I found a recipe and tried it this afternoon. You can find the original recipe at Holistic Familia. I think it was a success. I made about a half gallon so I am going to pour it into some ice cube trays and freeze it. Then just take it out as I need them! I am looking forward to saving that money. It only cost me about 5$ for the ingredients since I already had chamomile tea and I will be able to make lots more now!

The ingredients:
2 tbsp crushed fennel seeds
5 bags chamomile tea
6 cups of water (I used distilled)
1 finger of fresh ginger sliced 

Bring your water to a boil. Add your fennel seeds and ginger. Let boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tea bags then cover and let steep for 15-20 minutes. I strained the tea into a glass measuring bowl and I ended up with 4 cups. I had a gallon jug from my nursery water and I poured the tea in there then added 4 cups of distilled water. I let it cool and then poured into an ice cube tray. After they are frozen just throw them into a freezer bag and take them out as you need them. Once thawed they are good for about 24 hours. 

This is what mine looked like after the tea steeped. 
I used some cheese cloth I had and strained it.


No comments:

Post a Comment