Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blackened Seasoning


I got this recipe on my bachelorette trip. We took a cajun cooking class at the Viking Cooking School, needless to say…it was wonderful. Whitney Roberson, Amy Claire Smith, Payton Davis, Brittany Heinsz and myself made a meal fit for a cajun queen. One recipe that I consistently use is the Blackened Seasoning recipe. I make it in large quantities and store it in a mason jar.
Blackened Seasoning  (Makes about 1/2 cup)
In recipes for blackened food the fish or meat is rubbed with this spic mixture before it is cooked in an extremely hot skillet. This forms a black, crispy crust over a tender, moist interior. 
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon fine salt, or to taste
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Directions:
1. Stir together all ingredients with love.
2. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
I will post more of the recipes from our class tomorrow. I am calling it a night! Nighty night folks. Sweet dreams and don’t let the bed bugs bite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment