Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pepper Jelly Glazed Carrots


I found this recipe in the December 2011 issue of Southern Living. It was absolutely delicious and very simple. I try to always keep red pepper jelly in my cabinet just for this!

Ingredients:
1 (32-oz.) package carrots, halved crosswise
1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
1 (10 1/2-oz.) jar red pepper jelly
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Directions:
  1. Cut carrot halves lengthwise into quarters. Bring carrots and chicken broth to a boil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender and broth is reduced to 1/4 cup.
  2. Stir in pepper jelly and butter, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and carrots are glazed. Transfer to a serving dish, using a slotted spoon. Pour half of pan juices over carrots; discard remaining pan juices.
COOKS NOTE: I just bought the bag of carrots near the salad stuff at Kroger that were already sliced. I think they are called string carrots or something like that. Much easier if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment