Thursday, May 30, 2013

Corn Chowder


This is a recipe that I got from my mom. This is my go to meal when I am tired and don’t feel like cooking. My husband loves it so that means I love to cook it! Thanks for this one Mom!
Ingredients:
1 can cream corn
1 can whole corn (drained)
1 can cream of potato
1 pint of half and half
1 lb of ground sausage ( I have been using ground cajun deer sausage…when I buy the sausage from the store I get hot jimmy dean sausage.) I have also done it with chopped ham and it was delicious!
Directions:
1. In a large pot add the first four ingredients and season to taste. (salt, pepper, garlic powder….whatever you fancy.)
2. Brown the sausage in a skillet. If you add a little water in the skillet the meat will fall apart in smaller pieces. (I don’t like big chunks of sausage.)
3. Drain the meat and then add it to the chowder. I usually turn it on medium low heat and cook for about 30-45 minutes.
COOKS NOTE: You can also put it in the crockpot and cook it on low if you have a while. I cooked it for 3-4 hours and low and it was good. Not quite as thick as if you do it by stove top, but good all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment